All the businesses need a mobile app to promote the products and services. Designing of the mobile app is very important because it decides the experience of your product consumers. The poor user experience in app increases the deviate of the consumer from buying the product. An app must provide a memorable user experience so that the consumers will feel to revisit and buy the product. Mobile developers must keep special focus on UX/UI of the mobile app.
01.Design Compactable for Bigger Screens
New Generation smart phones are bigger in screen size since the user want more visual experience in mobile devices. The UI and UX of the apps should be compactable with these new-generation devices. Even though the screen size is bigger the application action points should be accessible to the user’s thumb.
02. Simplified User Interface
The user interfaces should be simplified to have clear and better functionality. The UI designs are flat so that it will suit the digital screens.
The salient features of simplified UI include:
- Clarity and functionality of the UI
- Taking advantages of digital screens
- Elements of minimalism taken in UI design
- Blank screen space
03. Swiping & Gestures
Another mobile app design trend to be watched is further improvements in the swipe feature. The mobile phone screen already have swipe feature but there is a scope for the improvement.
04. More Navigational Options
Clear navigation through apps is the key to successful app design.
Here are some of the salient feature in this design trend:
- More navigational options such as vertical, modular and horizontal, hidden navigation and parallax scrolling
- Navigational button that appears on the screen for some time and disappears on prolonged inaction
- Modular scrolling to scroll through rows of information
- Infinite scrolling for mobile applications having huge amount of data and content
- Parallax scrolling for intuitive navigation
05. Dynamic Functional Animation
One of the most popular app design trends gaining momentum is creating dynamic and functional animation, which are eye-catching elements. These app designs are particularly useful for creating outstanding designs to draw attention and for improved user experience. So, animation is no longer restricted to the games and has now entered the realm of mobile app designs. The designers will use the animation feature also to:
- Illuminate navigation
- Zoom in and out content
- Confirm a user’s action
- Make app experience dynamic
- Providing a direct visualization effect
- Desirable due to parallax design and HTML5 animation
- Enhanced user experience
06. Storytelling And Branding
Most of the businesses are recognizing that their mobile apps can play a key role in creating a meaningful and long lasting relationship with customers. Keeping this in mind, they are creating mobile app designs that tell a brand story. Such designs are specially helpful in creating a loyalty program and to build a solid customer base. Illustration and graphics are being increasingly used to tell a brand story.
The emphasis on storytelling and branding is on
- Delivering the user a customized app experience
- Giving the users a relevant and local experience
- Using new technologies such as that used in Apply Pay
07. Scalable Typography
Typography is a key player in designing creative mobile apps, after it took a backseat and was overshadowed by other design elements such as color and navigation. Scalable typography is a key feature of the new startup mobile app designs.
Recently, Apple created and launched a new typeface San Francisco, which was created especially for its Apple watch apps. Besides being scalable, the typography will also have an impact on the appearance of the app interface and overall design. Most of the scalable typeface are bold and big with a lot of negative space.
08. Fresh Color Palettes
In colors, the new trends in mobile app designs will lay emphasis on using fresh colors. So far, the designers were using minimalist color schemes that went along with a lot of white space. The new color scheme come with light and dark backgrounds.
- Emerging Technologies
- Facility Management
- Mobile Development
- Sales Management
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media
- Web Layout